Product DescriptionThis product page is for the print edition of the upcoming London Annual 2018 Special Release.
With the success of the Anglotopia Magazine, we have decided to offer a once a year London Annual Special Issue. This will be SEPARATE from the Anglotopia Magazine and IS NOT included as part of the subscription. The London Annual will be dedicated entirely to London. The most important feature will be our special guide to what to see and do in London in 2018 written by Laura Porter that will not be available anywhere else.
Last year we published our first London Annual and it was a huge success. We sold over 700. It was a mixture of London travel information and cultural articles on London’s history. The overall feedback was fantastic and people really loved their special London magazine. So, we’re back this year with pre-orders for the London Annual 2018 and we have a BIG change in store.
This year it will be 128 pages.
Last year, the London Annual was 64 pages. There’s so much we’ve wanted to write about London in the last year and we also wanted to increase the travel information, there just wasn’t enough room in 64 pages. So, we’ve found a printer that can print 128 pages at a rate we hope we can afford.
That’s where you come in.
We have to get as many pre-orders in advance as possible. We’re going to be printing 750 total copies, but we need to sell 250 upfront for this to happen. We have to allow up to 8 weeks for printing, so we need to get pre-orders sorted now so we can go to press in August in time to ship in October. This will ship in time for the holidays this year so will make a great Christmas present.
We will more than likely sell out of the entire print run, so if you want to make sure you get a copy, then we would recommend ordering now. The digital PDF version will be available to download in October (and anyone who buys the print version will also get the PDF).
The price is $24.99 and gets you 128 full-color pages printed on archival quality paper. This will look great on a coffee table or in your library alongside the Anglotopia Magazine.The Annual will be filled with 50,000+ words about London along with beautiful photography. As with the Anglotopia Magazine there will be NO ADVERTISING in the London Annual.
Shipping to the USA is FREE, Canada is $6 and Everywhere Else is $12.
Here's a rundown of the articles in the London Annual*:
- London in 2018 by Laura Porter
- 10 Newest Attractions for 2018
- A Brief History of the London Underground
- 10 Abandoned Tube Stations and How They Got That Way
- Amusing London Street Names
- London’s Stately Homes
- Lost London
- A History of the London Taxi
- Great London Art
- Londontopia’s 10 Top Attractions in London
- An Ever Changing London: An Essay
- The Dark Side of London
- A Traveler’s Guide to Royal London
- Top 10 London Bookshops
- London’s Oldest Businesses
- More Secret London
- Free Museums in London - Complete List
- London Travel App Round-up
- Dinner at Rules: London’s Oldest Restaurant
- A Perfect London Evening: Travesties with Tom Hollander
- Vote 100: Parliament Events
- New London Slang
- And Much More!
Frequently Asked Questions
- I'm a subscriber to the magazine - will I get this? No, I'm afraid not. Our planning for the price you pay for the magazine is based on 4 issues for the year so it would not accommodate a special fifth issue.
- Will there be a digital version? Yes, it will be available when the magazine is delivered in October so keep an eye out. It will cost $9.99
- Why does this cost more than the magazine? This is a special print run - the margins are different than for the magazine. We expect to print less so it will cost more to print. It's also 128 pages, twice the size of the previous Annual so costs more to print and to ship
- Will it be like the Anglotopia Magazine? Yes! It will be the same form factor - the same high-quality printing and paper. It will be a keepsake and go nicely on your stack of Anglotopia magazines.
- Will there be ads? Nope - no ads at all just like with the Anglotopia Magazine. The London annual will be filled to the brim with articles and pictures of our favorite city.
- Do you ship internationally? See above for rates.
- Will it ship in time for Christmas? Yes, it will arrive for Christmas 2017.